The Teacher as Servant-Leader Builds Community
Proposition 3: Teachers are Responsible for Managing and Monitoring Student Learning.
- Accomplished teachers maintain high expectations for all students. They view themselves as facilitators of student learning, helping children and young adults reach their fullest potential. To achieve that goal, educators create vibrant, productive workspaces for their students, adjusting and improving organizational structures as needed while establishing effective ways to monitor and manage traditional and nontraditional learning environments.
- Teachers Call on Multiple Methods to Meet Their Instructional Goals
- Teachers Support Student Learning in Varied Settings and Groups
- Teachers Value Student Engagement
- Teachers Regularly Assess Student Progress
- Teachers Engage Students in the Learning Process